At the end of 2016, I took time to reflect on what I could improve on about myself. After this reflection, I came to the conclusion that I was happy, and that I consider myself a very positive and motivated person, however, I felt there was still room for more positivity in my life. Here are some words to live by to live a positive and happier life!
- Encourage instead of complain. This is something I have found particularly useful because I started realizing how much of a complainer I was. It is healthy to vent about having a bad day every once in a while, however if you’re going to talk about the negatives of every day, thats what you will begin to focus on, rather than the positives of every day.
- Don’t ruin a good day today by thinking about a bad yesterday. Each day is a new opportunity, start and end each day reminiscing on the good things that have happened to you or someone you know. Again, focusing on the bad things is not how you get to a positive life.
- Its a good day for a good day. I try to say this to myself every day. Starting off each day with reminding myself of this saying (and of course a venti iced green tea from Starbucks) is exactly the kind of positive start to the day that gets me motivated and ready for the great day ahead.
- Even the smallest steps move you forward. Trust me guys, I have my days where I just don’t want to go to the gym, or class, or even leave my bed. But this saying right here is what does the trick and gets me out of bed in the morning sometimes. It goes along with ‘Small progress is still progress’ but really, everything you do in every day is what is going to get you closer to your goal. One of my goals was to stop complaining so much, and by cutting out (some of) my complaining, I’m a much happier person.
- The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day. I think this quote speaks for itself, but this is a great quote and one of my personal favorites.
I hope y’all are enjoying this series so far!
XX, Delaney Hogg